Senior Electrical Engineer
Simco-Ion Technology, Alameda CA
Simco-Ion, a division of Fortune 200 Illinois Tool Works, is the world’s largest manufacturer of ionization and process monitoring products. Simco-Ion has been providing solutions to electrostatic issues in a wide range of industries since 1936. Our comprehensive product line incorporates years of research, engineering and field experience. We deliver maximum performance and reliability.
Our goal to our customers is to improve operations and increase quality. Our solutions are innovative and we continue to earn the business of OEM and end-user customers worldwide. Serving Technology markets and applications, our product lines consist of BenchTop and Overhead Blowers, Emitter Systems, AeroBars, Air Guns and Nozzles, Electrostatic Sensing and Process Environment Monitoring, Room Systems and Metering devices.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer at our Alameda, California location.
The Sr Electrical Engineer will research, develop, design, and test electrical components, equipment and systems. This position is responsible for designing fabrication of test control apparatus and determining methods, procedures and conditions for testing products. Candidates must be skilled in synthesizing complex or diverse information and use intuition and experience to complement data.
Following are the essential functions of the Sr Electrical Engineer role:
- Direct activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Generate creative solutions; translate concepts and information into images and uses feedback to modify designs
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks
- Display original thinking and creativity
- Coordinate projects and communicates changes and/or progress
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills
Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in situations; identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; work well in group settings.
- MSEE preferred and 8-10 years related experience
- Design experience with Clean Room Products/Equipment or Instrumentation – associated with industries such as: Semiconductor, Medical Device, Life Sciences or related
- Above average analytical and mathematical skills
- PCBA design software (ie PADS or other similar product); AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks